Sunday, November 15, 2009

Readers and Booklovers

Spent all morning looking at these - got well and truly waylaid with the lovely Guardian bookclub, and even better Encompass (run by the British Book Council), ending up requesting umpteen books and having to force myself to stop browsing. There were a few links that didn't work - BookTalk and BookLamp, but plenty of others to keep me entertained. I chose Alan Bennett's Untold Stories for similar recommendations, and my favourite site was The Book Seer, which relies on Amazon and LibraryThing. I had read about 70% of their recommended lists, so they were pretty spot-on. I had a look at weRead, which differentiated the various authors named Alan Bennett by including middle initials or qualifications, so my Alan Bennett came up as Alan Bennett PhD, which seemed a rather strange way of going about things. Revish has potential but is obviously in its infancy, with just over 2000 books currently reviewed, and no reviews of Untold Stories. Lots to return to in this module and again, lots that I had never heard of (including Encompass).

1 comment:

  1. BookTalk and BookLamp links are now working on the Get with it! blog - thanks for alerting us

    ReplyDelete