Sunday, November 8, 2009

Twitter searching

Isn't it funny how your mind goes blank as to what to search for? So to begin with I tried out Tweepsearch. Although several friends tweet I have not signed up as a follower to any of them as this is my first foray into Twitter, but they were easily found by name or screen name. Some of their linked blogs were very erudite and insightful, others rather disappointing - two being really marketing tools for their businesses, both of which have websites and are easily Googled anyway.

Rodney Hide then flashed into my brain - I have never quite forgiven him for dropping his partner in Dancing with the Stars, let alone the yellow jacket. So I searched for him with normal Twitter search and found lots of good stuff, a mix of serious journalism and opinion - a good way to measure yourself on the popularity scale, Rodney. Twazzup had much the same in terms of links, etc. with some memorable quotes "blinded by the baubles of office" being my favourite. I then tried Tweetgrid, the format of which I really liked, and that had a few extras that the others didn't have, as well as totally unconnected ones like this joke: "One time my whole family played hide and seek. They found my mother in Pittsburgh! -Rodney D", proving that computers still can't match the human brain for relevancy in searching :)

No comments:

Post a Comment